Saturday, March 21, 2015

How to Make a Colorful Round Braided Crochet Bracelet

Here's another crochet project I just made earlier. I used shades of yellow and green for a lighter vibe fit for summer. Yes, it's summertime here in the Philippines, hot, hot, hot.


This is a round braid using four strands of flat crocheted cord. So first, I needed to crochet flat cords. I used cotton crochet thread and 1.40mm hook. This is the simple process:


Chain 2.


Single crochet on the second chain from the hook.


Chain 1.


Turn.


Repeat single crochet, chain 1, turn, until you reach your desired length. I made my cords up to 7.5 inches, with this crochet thread and hook size, the width ended up approximately 4mm.


These are the finished 4 flat cords. I left a longer tail on both sides of one cord for stitching later.


With a needle and using the longer tail, I stitched the four cords together.



Now, they're ready to be braided. I started a picture tutorial for braiding but it seems that it's not as good as a video tutorial. Anyway, this video from Beadaholique channel in YouTube was also where I learned four strand braiding. Click this link to check it out.


After I finished braiding, again using a needle and the long tail, I sewed the cords together. The braid's finished length is 6 inches.






On to attaching my findings. I connected an eyepin to each end of the braided cord, secured by tying the tails around the pin. 


I then chose what end caps to use. I tried these cones on but they seem a bit big for a short bracelet so I just made these wire end caps.



I just twisted jewelry wire around the tip of a pen up to the size I needed.


I applied glue on the cord for more secured ends.




I put a small round bead, made a small loop using a round-nose pliers and twisted the eyepin to finish.


Then the jump rings, clasp, and chain links for adjustment. I also added this cute padlock charm.


And here's my round braided crochet bracelet in summery yellow and green.


I also made another one using pink and orange shades, and there will be more to come. I hope you like this cute simple bracelet tutorial. Until next time. Cheers!




43 comments:

  1. Wow! I regret not being able to learn how to crochet when my grandma was still alive. Seeing your creations make me wanna turn back the hands of time. Crochet rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just looking for a hobby, then I stumbled upon a crochet tutorial, since then, puro crochet na ko, specially when I had my baby, dami nya hats, haha.

      Delete
  2. I suddenly miss doing crochet projects back in grade school! This is actually a good product to sell at bazaars :) So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of things you can crochet, naku, mageenjoy ka, haha. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. wow! it's very creative!!! nice!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grabe! Your post reminds me of my gradeschool days! Marunong ako mag gantsilyo but following instructions (sa paggantsilyo) zero tayo jan. Nalalabuan ako sa mga Filipino words. Anway, very beautiful bracelet. Hindi mo na kailangang gumastos ng malaki. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tama, tipid at style pa na gusto ko magagawa ko. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Great tutorial - I have not been crocheting since high school! Oh how I miss doing things like these. Work has gotten me really busy these days. :( Would definitely want to sit down and do something creative. That's impossible with a toddler around, of course. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do things like this when my baby is asleep, haha. She would play with my yarns and threads if she's awake and I'm crocheting.

      Delete
  6. I agree that the colors are definitely summery! These would be fun to wear on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, tapos crocheted barefoot sandals din, haha.

      Delete
  7. I use to do crochet back in highschool and college. When I started working and had kids, I nevet had the time to do this anymore. I hope I can do it again as it is also relaxes me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It relaxes me, too. I hope you get the time to start crocheting again, specially now that the internet is full of ideas for fun things to crochet.

      Delete
  8. Wow! Galing galing talaga crafty moms! So nice to still find time to do these little crafts in between taking care of kids : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do this when my baby is asleep, haha.

      Delete
  9. Crafty summer indeed! Naisip ko lang, mas gusto ko mag-crochet kaysa mag-cross stitch. Hehe. We have a lot of crochet stuff here at home but it was my mother who loves the craft.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pag cross stitch, gusto ko big projects, kaya matagal talaga.

      Delete
  10. I really admire moms who knows how to crochet. That's my frustration. Tinitignan ko palang, parang ang hirap na gawin.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nakakaintimidate talaga sya sa simula, haha. Thank you.

      Delete
  11. You such a genius! I will left crocheting to the experts like you. Thanks for sharing. -Macy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, intimidating sa simula, sanayan na lang at practice. Thank you.

      Delete
  12. You really good in DIY, wala akp talent dyan kasi

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cute! If only I was matyaga like you! And with my carpal tunnel, mukhang susuko ako agad diyan. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Kelangan talaga na mayat maya ang break at finger stretching pag may carpal tunnel.

      Delete
  14. You're my savior! Nagkaron din ng interest sa crochet ung panganay ko. She love bracelets kasi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! Sana pag nasimulan nya magenjoy sya at magtuloy tuloy.

      Delete
  15. My mom used to crochet, at hindi ko namana haha. Dear, suggestion lang. Put watermark on your photos. Sayang kasi, your crafts are pretty pa naman. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you, I don't know why I keep forgetting that, haha.

      Delete
  16. What's the difference between crochet na 2 hooks and the one with just 1? When I tried kasi before, I used the 2 sticks because that's how I saw my grandma doing her crocheting. Hehe. Anyhow, lovely, as usual! Gawa mo nalang ako. Hihihi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mas mahirap ata yung 2 hooks, yun yung knitting, parang hindi ko magugustuhan, hehe, pero mas madaling nakakabuo yun, mas mabilis daw. Thank you, haha.

      Delete
  17. Crochet is one thing I wasn't able to learn. This is cute, I used to make accessories using beads too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm into beading too, mas attractive pa tingnan mga beaded accessories no? Parang mahal, hehe.

      Delete
  18. I envy your crochet skills. I learned how to crochet in grade school but I guess it's just not my thing. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tama, may ganun talaga, pag hindi mo feel, di mo maeenjoy. Ako naman I envy people who bake and cook good, that's my weakness, kung ano pa tuloy yung importante, haha, good thing my husband's good at cooking.

      Delete
  19. nice!!! I don't know how to ccrochet pero sana I can learn.. magandang bonding moment to di ba?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it MOmmy Kat! I admire moms who knows how to crochet. I only knew very basic and I would really like to learn but I've go so little time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When you get the time to do so, go straight to YouTube for video tutorials, they're really easy to follow.

      Delete
  21. Nice! Can't really remember when was the last time I did a crochet. Really hope I still know how. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Video tutorials on YouTube are great refresher.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...