Friday, May 24, 2019

Back to Crocheting... Modern Granny Shrugs




I'm back to crocheting, yay! Also, this is my first entry in almost two years, yay again! I took my sweet time posting another one, busy mom of two indeed. Back to crocheting because I had to set aside this hobby to venture to a new one which turned into a great business, my beaded wire trees. Unfortunately, I had to take a break from it as well when I got pregnant with my second child and I had to really rest. It was a difficult pregnancy. Then I just had to completely give up my beading craft because it is a little bit dangerous with a crawling baby and now a walking toddler. My work area is not in a separate room and there might be beads, wire, pebbles, or clay that my little one might pick up. Anyway, crocheting is much safer and this is my first love so I'm happy to be hooking again.



I made costumes for my second baby for her monthly photoshoot until she reached one year. Then, I got a hold of these gradient yarns which I fell madly in love with so now my favorite things to make are shawls, shrugs, scarfs, and ponchos. These projects show off the beauty of the colors of the yarns. I now have over 200 cakes of these gradient yarns.

Last holiday season, my husband gifted a few of these shrugs and got a bunch of orders for them in return. This lovely pattern is the Modern Granny Shrug from the The Crochet Crowd which was made even lovelier by the colors of these yarns.


This is a sample of the gradient yarn cakes I kept on talking about. The yarns I usually buy are cotton and polycotton multi stranded yarns. I get them from online sellers here in the Philippines. The maker manually winds the yarn, changing colors a few strands at a time to create that gradient effect. I'm not an expert but that's the gist. 

These are some of the shrugs I made. Simple yet beautiful, aren't they? For my other works, you can visit my FB page Justise & Jordana. This is a new page because I had to deactivate the old one due to a lot of inquiries and requests I was still getting for the beaded wire trees. I only ship within the Philippines because unfortunately, shipping cost to other countries is even more expensive than the cost of my creations.


















For the yarns I used here, you may visit the following FB pages:


These are the online yarn shops from where I always get my gradient yarns. There are other yarn shops I frequent which sell other types of yarns. That's probably for another blog entry. They are all here in the Philippines but some, I think, also ship outside of the country, you may inquire from them directly. 

That's it for now. I'd probably be back next year, lol. Would like to feature my other works next time or maybe a list of my favorite crochet and knitting supplies store. See you!


19 comments:

  1. Wow!!! did you make all of this??? you're so talented! So amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all so pretty! You did an awesome job, mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are so pretty. Are you just doing this for a hobby? Or do you also sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this! It's so tempting!😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just learned how to crochet two months ago so I'm still practicing. I hope I can also make something like this. Thanks for sharing the FB pages hindi ko alam san bibili aside from Divi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a while since I made a crochet project! Planning on doing one to be given as a gift this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG they are beautiful! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom loves to crochet. But she is old now and is having a hard time doing it. She used to sell her creations also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, these are all lovely, I love crochet products but I don't know how to make it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ang ganda naman. I used to crochet before pero nakalimutan ko na ata pano LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the purple shrug. How much and do you have sizes for it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fashionable, not at all granny naman.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grabe and gaganda! I couldn't crochet to save my life but you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ang galing ha! crocheting is not my thing, but I would totally purchase those if I have a need for a stylish cover-up or put over.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good day! I find your blog amazing and cute. The yarns were so lovely. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dobra web stranica : Zonahobisaya
    Dobra web stranica : Zonahobisaya
    Dobra web stranica : Zonahobisaya
    Dobra web stranica : One Piece
    Dobra web stranica : Zonahobisaya
    Dobra web stranica : Zonahobisaya
    Dobra web stranica : Biodata
    Dobra web stranica : Zonahobisaya

    ReplyDelete
  17. This blog is really good for those Peoples who want to buy Palazzo, Kurti, Muslin Kurti, Festival Kurti and Chanderi Salwar Suit. I believe the link which I have shared with you will help you in your upcoming blog as an inspiration.
    Red Shrug For Women
    Solid Women Black Tights Jeggings
    hoodies manufacturers in india
    Formal Black Shirt in Delhi
    Shrugs For Men

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking forward to your future blog entries, whether they feature more of your stunning creations or insights into your favorite crochet and knitting supplies. Until then, happy crocheting, and see you whenever you decide to return with more crafty tales! Round Trip Flights

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...